I own a commercial carpet cleaning company in the Twin Cities Area of Minnesota and my crews are always on the road. Usually, they are traveling from our shop in Burnsville, Minnesota to a carpet cleaning job at a Plymouth, Minnesota home to an upholstery cleaning job in Northfield, Minnesota then up to Roseville, Minnesota to clean the carpets at a restaurant and then back to Burnsville, Minnesota to pack it in for the night. With all this driving it is so very important to drive carefully for several reasons:
- A van with a logo and phone number is a moving billboard. Every move made on the road can affect public opinion of our company.
- Repairs after an accident can be very expensive.
- You can’t clean carpet while the van is being repaired. This lost time is lost money.
- Employees can get injured in an accident. This is bad on both a personal and business level. These employees have families that love and depend on them. Also they can’t clean carpets if they are too hurt to do so.
- Injuries to others out on the road can be tragic and costly. Although insurance should cover it, rates are sure to go up. These people also have families and loved ones that can suffer for their injuries as well.
I’m sure there are many more reasons to be safe out on the road, but these stand out to me. Nothing is more tragic than the loss of life or quality of life due to a senseless accident. I am so proud that my employees have never had an accident, both for the safety of my employees and for the safety of everyone else in the Minneapolis/St. Paul and surrounding areas of Minnesota. Keep up the great work guys.