How important are employees to a growing business? I can’t speak for the rest of the world, but here in the Twin Cities Area of Minnesota, employees are the “truth in service”. What do I mean by that?
- If a business owner is greedy, he won’t pay enough to get the best employees.
- If a business owner doesn’t train his employees well enough, it shows in his employees’ performance.
- Honest owners encourage their employees to be honest with their clients.
- Employees who are treated fairly by their employer are happier and that will show in their demeanor.
- Employers that pay attention will have employees who don’t cut corners.
- Employers who reward hard work will have employees who go the extra mile.
These are all unavoidable ways that employees directly reflect the practices of their employer. This is truth in service. If your employees don’t give proper service, look at your practices first and see how they parallel the practices of your employees.