In all the years we’ve been cleaning carpet we have seen some very interesting spills on office carpet that could have been prevented.
Cleaning a spill as soon as it happens helps prevent the spill from soaking in and staining. Facilitate quick clean up by placing a bottle of multipurpose cleaner and an instruction sign on the counter of your break room where spills happen all the time and behind the front counter in your common or reception area. Put a smiley face or other goofy picture on the outside of the bottle to create interest and most people will read and use the bottle.
You will also want to make sure you include instructions on the bottle on how to clean up carpet spills.
To prevent spills from setting in:
- Use paper towels to sop up spill
- Blot up spill with clean paper towel, Do not rub
- Keep changing paper towels and blotting until no more liquid is absorbed
- Use cleaner from the bottle to lightly spray down surface
- Blot and redo until any color from spill is removed