Steam Carpet Cleaning Frequently Asked Questions
Commercial Steam Team provides both commercial and residential carpet and upholstery cleaning throughout the Twin Cities metro area. Please call us at 952-224-7222 for courteous, reliable, trustworthy, and timely service throughout the metro area. You can also contact us using this convenient online form.
Steam Carpet Cleaning Q & A
How often should I have my carpets cleaned?
- This depends on several factors.
- Is this a commercial facility or a residence?
- If commercial, how high a volume of visitors and employees does your facility have?
- If residential, do you have children?
- What type of cleaning schedule do you have in place?
- What type(s) of carpet do you have?
- In general, we recommend a professional cleaning for residences once or twice a year.
- For commercial facilities, the frequency depends on traffic level:
- For high traffic areas such as entryways, 4-12 times/year
- For mid-volume areas such as classrooms and general office areas, 4-6 times/year
- For light traffic zones, such as executive offices and boardrooms,1-3 times/year
How can I extend the life of my carpets?
- Ensure that a hot water extraction professional cleaning is on a schedule as well.
- Reapply approved professional carpet protector after each steam cleaning, and after spot repairs.
- The most important piece is proper maintenance. Vacuum your carpets on a regular, frequent schedule.
- Install entry mats and rugs. If this is a residence, you may wish to use washable mats and rugs. In any case, make sure that the mats do not have rubber backing or use dyes that may leach into your carpet.
What is ‘Steam’ Cleaning?
Please click here to learn more about professional carpet cleaning.
I have ugly spots on my carpet that I can’t get rid of. What are they and what can I do about them?
Please click here to learn more about chemical buildup.
Call Commercial Steam Team at 952-224-7222 for courteous, reliable, trustworthy, and timely service throughout the metro area.