I can’t tell you how many times I have driven by someone’s house or business and saw work being done by someone wearing a sleeved or sleeveless white t-shirt. Unless you’re a painter, that’s not a uniform in my opinion. The questions that instantly pop into my mind are;
- If they can’t afford uniforms, can they afford good equipment?
- Can they afford to pay for good employees?
- Can they afford the cleaning agents that are necessary to get the stains out?
- Are they out of money, lazy, or cheap?
- What kind of message are they sending their customers?
- What kind of message are they sending their employees?
Sharp, clean uniforms tell your customers that you are a team. It shows that you are dedicated enough to provide this for your employees. More importantly is what not wearing a uniform says, Which is, “I’m not good at my job”.